Minister launches Typecast - ceramic sculptures created by Coolmine clients
The Typecast Project with partners: Create, Design & Crafts Council of Ireland, Coolmine, funded by Léargas through the Grundtvig Programme.
Mr. Leo Varadkar TD, Minister for Health launched the Typecast project with a display of ceramic sculptures created by twenty Coolmine Therapeutic Community clients, as part of their recovery from addiction.
The sculptures named Up & Down, Round & Round – Trying to Reach My Destination are displayed in the Coolmine Centre. The clients worked on them over a twelve week period, in collaboration with artist, Ms Kathleen Moroney, who shared artistic concepts, led workshops working with clay and produced the display of the artwork.
The Typecast project initiated and led by Create the national development agency for collaborative arts, in partnership with the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland and Coolmine Therapeutic Community, in conjunction with the European Lifelong Learning Programme.
- DIY 14 Call for Proposals – deadline March 13
- The Politics of Context: workshop with Fiona Woods – March 2
- SAVE THE DATE: Practice, Participation, Politics – March 8
- Glenn Loughran CAPP Artist in Residence, UCD Parity Studios 2017
- Sarah Browne CAPP Artist in Residence, UCD Parity Studios 2017
- CAPP Research Residency Meet You at the Green? awarded to Dan Dorocic
- AIC Bursary Award 2016: Collaborative Film – recipient
- Arts Council's Artist in the Community Scheme - deadlines March 27, June 26
- We Claim: Kathryn Maguire & Young Migrant Women
- Create News 21 – Interview with Selina Thompson
- CAPP Website launched on February 7